An app all windows users envy us if they have had the chance to take Mac’s already-powerful search feature to the next level, with Alfred - the award winning app and best butler I have ever known…
Like any developer out there, I want to use the keyboard as much as I can. For productivity reasons first, and for others.
Been using Alfred for years, and I can’t get bored of it. Don’t look at this post like an expert article on the subject, I have not even purchased the Powerpack, feature unlocking the likes of workflows, integrations, and even remote control to your IOS devices. To be totally honest, I have never really looked into the Powerpack, but I may be tempted to leverage their integration with Asana, another must-have IMHO.
It serves me right!
Anyway, for now, I use Alfred the most simple way ever, but it just works for me. Here are a few things you can do with Alfred:
- Quickly find a file by typing “find” + the name of the file
- Launch any app without using the mouse
- calculate anything quickly by just typing numbers and operations
- Launch a search on any site (eg. google, twitter, youtube etc)
- Launch a google image search
- Look up a place on Maps
- Quit all apps at the end of the working day
- Empty the recycle bin
You can easily configure your shortcuts and have for example “google” shortened to “g” (just an example).
In a nutshell, I love this app.